Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 3
- 6 pieces of chicken thigh with bone, skins on
- 1 small onion – finely diced
- 4 eschalots – finely diced
- 3 red chili
- 1 finger of ginger – finely grated
- small slice of fresh coconut – finely grated
- 1/4 lemon zest – finely grated
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- coconut oil
- cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken thighs the night before with turmeric, coconut oil and salt.
- The next day, mix the finely diced onion, eschalots, chili, salt, grated ginger and a dash of cooking oil into a mortar and pestle and grind into a semi coarse paste.
- Fry the paste on medium heat until golden then rest the chicken pieces on top with skin down.
- Turn the pieces after a few minutes and repeat until fully cooked.
- Grate some fresh coconut and lemon zest on the chicken pieces.
- Serve with rice and freshly chopped chili.