Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 6-12
- 2 kg good quality Greek yoghurt
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cucumbers, seeded and chopped into little tiny cubes or grated
- 5 tbs good Greek olive oil
- 5 tbs white vinegar
- Drain the yoghurt in a sieve lined with muslin cloth for at least 24 hours.
- Place the chopped or grated cucumber in muslin or a clean tea towel and gently wring out any excess water.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl and fold through all the remaining ingredients, adding salt to your taste.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until needed. It is good to make a few hours ahead of when it will be used so that the garlic aroma and taste has time to settle in the yoghurt.