Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 1 Cup
- 2 firmly packed cups of (160g) washed and dried basil leaves
- 1 clove of organic garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiana cheese
- ½ (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to cover
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the washed and pat dried basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic and a little olive oil and grind in a mortar and pestle or using a stick blender.
- Stir in the grated parmigiana cheese and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into an airtight container and cover with a thin layer of olive oil and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.