Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 6
- 10-12 medium sized grey Zucchinis
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chicken breast, chopped finely (can also use lamb)
- ¾ cup of basmati rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup finely chopped continental parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped mint
- 2 medium tomatoes – finely chopped
- 1 tbs ghee, melted
- 2 tbs Baharat mixed spice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the zucchinis and cut off the tops. Gently scoop out the flesh, being careful not to break the skin. Rinse again well and drain the hollowed out zucchinis .
- Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing in a bowl. Fill each zucchini by about ¾ with the mixed stuffing (try not to ‘pack’ the stuffing too tightly as you need to allow for rice expansion) .
- Place zucchinis in a saucepan. Mix 4 tablespoons of tomato paste with enough water to cover the zucchinis. Bring to the boil and then simmer until cooked (about 45mins-1 hour).