Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 12
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 4 tbs milk
- 1/2 cup liquid cooking oil
- 2- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon rind
- 4-5 tbs cocoa powder
- 4-5 tbs poppy seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C .
- Mix the eggs and sugar until it turns to pale cream colour. (Takes about 5-7 mins).
- Add the oil, 1 cup of milk, vanilla essence and the lemon rind continuing mixing. Gradually add the sifted flour and mix. Add the poopy seeds and mix.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and dust it with flour. Pour 3/4 of the batter in to the tin.
- Add the cocoa powder and 4 table spoons of milk to the remaining cake mixture and beat until it is all combined.
- Pour the cocoa mixture on the top of the plain cake mixture. With the help of a chopstick marble the two colours and bake it about an hour until the skewer comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool down then dust with icing sugar. My son Jake calls it the snowy cake.