Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 600 – 800g beurre bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored (use pears that are still a little firm to the touch)
- 400g frozen raspberries
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- zest of 1 lemon (in big strips)
- 2 – 3 cups of water, enough to cover the pears
- 1 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp honey or 3 – 4 tbsp honey to taste
- Place water, raspberries, sugar, honey, zest, and vanilla in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to barely simmering and poach the pears for 30 – 35 mins, until the pears are tender and translucent but not soft, you don’t want the pears to lose their shape.
- Cool the pears separately from the syrup so they do not continue to cook.
- Any leftover poached pears can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Great addition to your morning bircher muesli yoghurt mix.