Prep time: | Cook time:
Ingredients - Serves 4 - 6
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1&3/4 cups cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell (in pie pan)
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Whisk in eggs, then add pumpkin, whisking it in completely.
- Gently whisk in cream, then pour filling into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream.